The First Goal is not the Final Goal
Are you wondering how to get started?
The best way to start is to complete the first step. Just accomplish the first thing. In gardening the first step is taking a dry hard seed and turning it into a pair of tender leaves. This is called germination.
Use the Okra Garden Supply Soil Pods to start your own seeds.
Then with a small container and a devotion to watering you can germinate a seed. And once you have, you will be a gardener.
Just take the first step. Summon forth leaves with love and sun and water. You can do it! We have what you need to get started. Here is how you do it:
Order Supplies from Okra Garden Supply
- Soil Pods (Bonus collard greens seeds included when you buy direct!)
Plant Seeds in Soil Pods
- Set 2 pods in a small container like the Garden Cube Mini (or fold an origami box using the soil pod wrappers) and add water to expand them before your eyes.
- Plant a collard greens seed in the soil and cover with soil.
- Place on a water proof tray or plate and watch your sprout germinate.
- You should start to see your collard sprout in 3-4 days.
- Carefully move your sprout to a larger container once it has developed multiple leaves, about 10 days.
Move Outside, Grow, and Harvest
- Transplant to a raised bed outside. Water and mulch regularly.
- Begin harvesting a few leaves from your plant to eat, once you have leaves that are about 8″ – 10″ in diameter.
Fire Ant Lisa